Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:26:57 +0200
> NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> > I have just tried to visit youtube with my newly
> > compiled elinks, but I have to admit that I am not able to navigate
> > youtube

Kevin Mark's idea of using

$ apt-cache search youtube
clive - Video extraction utility for YouTube, Google Video and other video sites
libwebservice-youtube-perl - Perl module that provides an interface to YouTube services
metacafe-dl - download videos from metacafe.com
nicovideo-dl - Download videos from www.nicovideo.jp
totem-plugins - Plugins for the Totem media player
youtube-dl - download videos from youtube.com

$ apt-cache search hotmail
gotmail - utility to download email from a Hotmail or MSN account
hotsmtp - SMTP to Hotmail (HTTPmail) gateway
hotway - POP3 to Hotmail (HTTPmail) gateway

might be quite useful. For me at least youtube-dl (the sid vesrion I
have just installed in  etch) is the easiest way to access youtube
(conbined with google searches for youtube using lynx. And obviously wget).

> > I have forgotten to say other thing about such equipements:
> >
> > beware of apparently slight changes.

Another thing: in such edimax equipements, javascript is heavvily used
for "user input validation". Yes, quite probabily the (closed source)
software on the router does not check for correctnes of the input, but
the javascript code which the browser downloads and executes tries to do
this. Go figure. At least this is not publicized as a security measure.