Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 07:31:41PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> >I have just tried to visit youtube with my newly
> >compiled elinks, but I have to admit that I am not able to navigate
> >youtube (yes, I am too stupid to be able to use modern websites and GUIs)
> Damn, I'll try later, but that's quite sad...
> Hopefully I can get access to more websites with it though.
> How about hotmail.com
> Can you access that? Or does it give you javascript errors?

with 'o' key  in links (Option manager) I have activated two keys for
ECMAScript

Enable
Script error reporting

I have no javascript errors; for example I am now in
http://m.it.youtube.com/details?v=jcvfaMRf2P0&warned=1&v2=1
(but I do not know if javascript was needed to reach tha page).

The problem for me with youtube is that *I* am not able to navigate
youtube. Up to now I had to use youtube only one time, about 9 months
ago, and it took me at lest 5 minutes with firefox to find what to do in
the page to find the link to download the file. I have no understanding
of the "logic" behind any kind of "modern" interfaces.

With hotmail.com on the other hand I have an error:

ReferenceError: onLoad_Login is not defined

and then the page says

                                   JavaScript required to sign in

   Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support
   JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.