Re: taming resolv.conf

Digby Tarvin wrote:
> My new /etc/resolv.conf is coming up as:
> nameserver 127.0.0.1

This is correct if you have bind9 installed.  Since this is
automatically detected then I assume that you do have bind9 installed
in order to see this result.  If you remove bind9 then you would see
the DHCP nameserver addresses there.

In which case there is one manual step to installing resolvconf.  You
would need to change:

  include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";

To this:

  include "/var/run/bind/named.options";

The resolvconf package scripts know about bind9 and if it is installed
then they assume that you want to use it and automatically set up
/var/run/bind/named.options with the nameservers offered by DHCP.

Bob