Re: sidux + a word on Debian

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 09:02:13PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-04-15 18:35 +0200, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> > excellent description. MY wife, whose box is running mostly-up-to-date
> > sid, is annoyed because every few months some program changes it's
> > icon or some bit of its interface layout... another aspect of
> > "unstable".
>
> True.  Probably stable would be better for your wife, although there is
> one problem: after a new stable release, _almost every_ program has
> changed, and often quite drastically.
>
> Maybe she should just use Windows XP, which has been virtually unchanged
> for seven years.  *duck*

you better duck buddy!

Frankly, my wife is quite practical about this and is very
happy since the switch to debian, if for no other reason than I've
quit saying... "I've got to switch your machine to debian..."

She is actually quite happy with it, but she learned to use computers
at the same time as they (desktop) were developing... so she's used
several versions of windows, dos, mac, maybe even pre-mac apple... for
her it's just another version of the same thing and so long as she can
do what she needs and wants she's happy. I guess she is one of those
folks (like most of us here) who knows how to use *computers* not just
windows...