Re: Source code editor

Hi Tero,
Vim is great for this but has a steep learning curve. Vim is also tuned for
touch typists, which eventually pushed me into learning touch typing, which
is great, especially for night time coding. One really simple and often
overlooked feature is being able to view source code in two columns, which
is something I've never seen in graphical IDEs - for this reason I always
make my code fit into 80 cols and have 4 character tabs. Ctags and Cscope
are supported natively so jumping to functions/definitions is easy.
Syntax highlighting is good, it now has a form of 'intellisense' and
tabs in version 7, plus excellent regular expression search/replace,
multi-branch undo, keystroke recording (I use alot) and a great diff
viewer (invoked with vimdiff usually). It also does the things you
mentioned!

Cheers
Mark.