Re: Finding services that are running [SOLVED]

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2008-04-14 20:43 +0200, andy wrote:

When I power down, I see a message that wesnothd is shutting down. I
don't really want to be running a wesnoth server, although I do enjoy
playing the game. How do I close this server and ensure that it
doesn't run at start-up? Having gone through wesnothd man pages to be
honest, I am none the wiser.

The safest and simplest method would be to uninstall the wesnoth-server
package, since a non-existing daemon will not start up.  Why did you
install that package in the first place?

Sven

An over-enthusiastic newbie caught in the throes of an apt-get install mania, perhaps?

Nonetheless, the wesnoth-server package is removed.

Cheers

Andy