Re: [Totally OT] Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

Mike Bird wrote:
> You're mistaken Steve.  Individuals pass on their tax costs to corporations
> in the form of higher wage demands.  Individual income tax should be zero.
> Corporations should be taxed on their profits in order to pay for the
> infrastucture and military necessary for corporations to conduct business
> within the state.

    I agree, individual income tax should be 0.  You'll note that Paul does
not agree with that.  But sorry, you are mistaken.  We do not pass our tax
costs to corporations in the form of higher wage demands.  I didn't say
workers.  I didn't say consumers.  I said individuals.  Tell the unemployed
person or the person living on pension that they are "passing their tax costs
on to corporations" and see how fast you get laughed or yelled at.  Tell the
shareholders of public corporations their tax burden is passed on to
corporations through higher wage demands.  Yet you will find that higher cost
of goods through the pipeline will still have to be paid by those who earn no
"wage" and the stakeholders which front the money for businesses to, you know,
do business, get less because of lower return on investment.

    Corporations don't pay taxes.  Individuals do.  Because at the end of the
day corporations are nothing more than a collection of individuals dealing
with individuals and managed by individuals.  A corporate tax is just a way of
hiding the taxes off the individual's books.

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |   And dream I do...