Re: question for the listmasters - bounce threshold?

Mark Allums wrote:

> This is a nice solution for those who can use it.  But I think most
> people don't control their own email servers, they must rely on a
> provider.  This is the case for me.  My provider does not give me the
> option, it bounces perceived spam without asking me, and I only figured
> it out when another list I am on stopped sending me my own posts.

I think they should just use a better provider! One option is to use a throw
away email address from gmail or yahoo etc., for subscribing to public
mailing lists.

If the mail service provider is bouncing emails irresponsibly, I would be
surprised if their IP addresses dont end up in blocklists such as spamcop
blocklist. That would only rub salt into the wound.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi