Re: question for the listmasters - bounce threshold?

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 02:04:21PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>> I get a warning from the Debian listservers once in a while that my
>> server is bouncing messages and that:
>
> maybe don't bounce them. either REJECT them at smtp time or simply
> blackhole them.
>
> if you're bouncing them, you've already gone to the trouble to receive
> them... blackhole works great and never needs empyting.

Another problem with bouncing is that almost all of spam email forge the
>From header. So if the OP is bouncing spam emails, they go to some other
person (often known misdirected bounces) and not to the spammer.

I suggest you follow Andrew suggestion and just reject spam emails at the
smtp level using 55x error if you want to reject an email. Please stop
bouncing emails.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi