openoffice almost installs

latex2 writer unopkg fails and that prevents openoffice from being configured at least by dpkg. The reason I got a broken pipe error was desktop environment had to be removed in upgrade process to preserve certain gnome packages that had already been installed. Interestingly this time dexconf built a bad configuration file without any screens. Fortunately one of the times it had made a good xorg.conf I copied that onto removeable media so copying it to the right place on the hard drive got gnome up and working.