Re: vncserver automation

Rich Healey wrote:
Jim Pazarena wrote:
I am having trouble getting vncserver to automatically start after a
reboot.
It seems that setting a script in rc.5 doesn't work. signing on to the
CLI after
a boot, and it starts up fine. (executing vncserver on the CLI as root).

I am not sure the reason. Is it because the script must be run by root?
Or perhaps even as the last item in rc.5, some other 'x' thing hasn't
been set yet?

Suggestions would be much appreciated... I'm, struggling.

Jim

have you changed your default runlevel to 5? debian defaults to 2

actually I had the same script in rc2 & rc5. That doesn't seem to be the issue.
What I _think_ is that the script isn't being run as root.

Is there a way to specify which user runs a script in the rc?.d routines?