Re: [Somewhat More OT] Closed source software Was [Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]]

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

this issue has been flogged to death on this list many times. Read the
archives. Sorry if I offended you. I will drop the subject.

I am not offended. Thank you for the link. I will go there and read it soon. If the issue has come up before, then there probably exist plenty of people who think as I do.

I am a newcomer, and I hope I am not making a nuisance of myself. It will take me some time to adjust to this community's conventions. Until then, I would ask that the old-timers be tolerant of my ignorance.

I will check for that extension for Thunderbird. I will use it if I end up needing it.

This list is full of smart people, and I like reading all the traffic. Don't drop a subject because *I* might be offended. You might drop it when there is nothing left that can be productively added. I will try to restrain myself from posting something that doesn't add to the discussion.

Sincerely,

Mark Allums