Re: [Totally OT] Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

On Friday 04 April 2008 10:35:26 am Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I would agree with you.  I know there are people who will starve rather
> than violate their beliefs, but I also wonder what he would do if he
> had a kid to feed and his choice was to program for a company that
> produces closed source software and not having a job.

What kind of moron commits themselves to spending $205,000+ on a new kid
before having that kind of money lined up in advance?  Seems kind of stupid
to put yourself in that kind of ethical dilemma in the first place.  It's not
like there aren't six billion other people on this already overpopulated
rock, plopping out another before you can afford to raise it through age 18
in this day and age ought to be considered child abuse.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca