Re: Did the syntax for a samba /etc/fstab entry change?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 10:04:40 -0700, Tom Epperly (tepperly@gmail.com) wrote:

[snip]

> Yes My Pictures is shared.  I tried a couple of other things.
>
> # mount -t cifs //brightlywoven /mnt/PictureArchive
> Mounting the DFS root for a particular server not implemented yet
> No ip address specified and hostname not found
>
> # mount -t cifs //brightlywoven/SharedDocs /mnt/PictureArchive
> mount error: could not find target server. TCP name
> brightlywoven/SharedDocs not found
> No ip address specified and hostname not found

If it's of any help, I mount the remote directory 'fileserver' which is
on a box called 'gaia' with this line in /etc/fstab:

//gaia/fileserver  /mnt/fileserver smbfs guest,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

...and this results in the following output from the 'mount' command:

//gaia/fileserver on /mnt/fileserver type cifs (rw,mand)

It is worth mentioning that there is an entry in /etc/hosts for gaia.

Probably I should update fstab to use 'cifs' but it works fine as it is.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.