Re: SSH through wireless router

Haines Brown wrote:
> Eduardo, I did this:
>
>   $ sudo /usr/sbin/sshd -d -p 2222
>   Server listening on :: port 2222.
>   debug1: Bind to port 2222 on 0.0.0.0.
>
> Then in an other terminal I did this:
>
>   $ sudo /usr/bin/ssh -p 2222 localhost
>   ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>
> And this caused the server to disconnect from the port and with that I
> see the following to be appended to the stdout of the first terminal:
>
>   debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
>   debug1: rexec start in 4 out 4 newsock 4 pipe -1 sock 7
>   debug1: inetd sockets after dupping: 3, 3
>   debug1: Connection refused by tcp wrappe

The last line is the key. While I cannot say for certain the cause, I'd
check the /etc/hosts_allow and /etc/hosts_deny files to see if they are
allowing ssh access.

--
Soitainly.  I was assuming that came with the OO-ness of it.
		-- Larry Wall in <199710011802.LAA21692@wall.org>

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb