Re: NameVirtualHost and dynamic subdomains on apache.

Steve - I am still testing, but I believe my issue was around disabling the 000-default config that comes with apache and debain.

Once i disabled it, I was good to go..it does work.
Now i will start reading the dns link that you sent me.
Just a coouple of quick questions:
1. I can do the same wildcard config with dns as i do iwth apache ????
2. if i ever need to specify a particular special subdomain of the main domain, can I still use serveralias command like :

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@XXX.com
        ServerName  XXX.com
        ServerAlias rid11.XXX.com
        ServerAlias *.XXX.com

But of course i should have a subdirectory pertaining to that subdomain.

Is that how it works...thanks for all your help...that was killing me there..sorry for killing you too.

thanks
mjh