Re: NameVirtualHost and dynamic subdomains on apache.

[Please don't top post, and please trim your quotes]
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 01:05:14PM -0400, Michael Habashy wrote:
> Steve - I am still testing, but I believe my issue was around disabling the
> 000-default config that comes with apache and debain.
>
> Once i disabled it, I was good to go..it does work.
> Now i will start reading the dns link that you sent me.
> Just a coouple of quick questions:
> 1. I can do the same wildcard config with dns as i do iwth apache ????
> 2. if i ever need to specify a particular special subdomain of the main
> domain, can I still use serveralias command like :
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>         ServerAdmin webmaster@XXX.com
>         ServerName  XXX.com
>         ServerAlias rid11.XXX.com
>         ServerAlias *.XXX.com
>

> But of course i should have a subdirectory pertaining to that subdomain.
>
> Is that how it works...thanks for all your help...that was killing me
> there..sorry for killing you too.
>
> thanks
> mjh

This tutorial covers the Linux server configuration necessary to create
a web site. The Apache web server, FTP server and DNS configuration are
covered.
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialWebSiteConfig.html

HTH

--