Re: Hmmm. A question. Was [Re: Debian is losing its users]

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 03:13:46AM +1300, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> was heard to say:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 08:30:16PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > are searching for completely unrelated terms (say, "Barack Obama" or
> > "gravid platypus" [0]) more than they used to.
> >
> >   Daniel
> >
> >   [0] I think the next Ubuntu release should be named "gravid platypus",
> >       don't you?  ;-)
> >

> They tend to use the same first letter, so "gravid gorilla" or "poncy
> platypus"?

  Of course, the thing that's amusing about platypuses (platypi?) is
that they are, in fact, never gravid.  Sadly, none of the monotremes
have a name that starts with "g", so that rules this joke out (unless
someone knows a synonym for "gravid" starting with "p" or "e").

  I'd fall back to "gravid giraffe", which is at least an amusing mental
image. :)

  Daniel