Re: Alsa Problems with new Etch

>> You may find, like I did, that the alsa settings get lost on rebooting.
>> simple fix that worked for me is...
>> 1. After running alsaconf and confirming that everything works, enter
>> the
>> command "alsactl store".
>> 2. In /etc/rc.local, add the command "alsactl restore".
>
> Nr. 2 shouldn't be necessary, it's already done by the
> /etc/init.d/alsa-utils script. Of course, you need the alsa-utils
> package installed ;)
     Alsa-utils is installed on my great new etch<G>.

     I shut down every evening and reboot in the morning.  After reboot
     this morning the sound worked fine.

It remains to thank everyone here who helped me in my various problems.
This is a great E-list, full of sage and sharing experts!

Best wishes to all,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    There are many good Impeachment sites; one of the best is: