Re: migrating to 64 bit...

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
Alsom, FTR, I've learned that the biggest hurdle is the fact that you
can't complete the debootstrap process without already running a 64bit
kernel. You need to be able to chroot into the new install and run
*its* binaries to complete the process. That means you need a 64bit
kernel running already. Anyway... it will still be plenty of fun.

This part is easy enough. There are amd64 versions of the kernel in the i386 archive for those with a 64-bit processor who want to have a 64-bit kernel but 32-bit userland.

--
I hate small towns because once you've seen the cannon in the park
there's nothing else to do.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb