Re: Help me setup AntiSpam filter

s. keeling wrote:
Bogdan Marian <mendingo84@gmail.com>:
I need your advice people! I need to setup an AntiSpam filter on an older version of Postfix, on Debian Sarge. I would go to Etch, but i can't risk it for the moment, as the server I'm referring to is very important and can't be brought down right now by my tests ( the machine acts as a: router, webserver, mail server and dns server, so you get my point...). Any suggestions, and links, and opinions will be greatly appreciated! Please guide me to an AntiSpam program!

Scheduled outages with reasons, approved by supervisor (who's got
approval from his supervisor, ...).

Or they cough up the bucks to buy a HA cluster where you can fail one
side, do it to it, bring it back up, fail the other side, do it to it,
...  That stuff gets expensive real quick.

My answer is, move SMTP off that box.  Buy yourself an ancient PIV and
point other boxes at SMTP running there.  Bite the bullet, man.  This
can be done for under $200 + your time.

For anti-spam, it can also do Spamassassin and Clamav.  Toss in Samba
and IMAP, to your tastes.

You guys are fools for running all your eggs in that one basket.  I
paid $160.00 for my latest PIV, and even dnetc (distributed.net) has
trouble bringing it to its knees.  It'd easily handle anything SMTP
could throw at it.

Hey,

Thank you for your advice everyone! I think i'll stick to spamassasin.

BR,

--
Bogdan MARIAN
Timisoara, ROMANIA