Re: Adding a ttyS

On 03/24/2008 06:36 AM, Jean Létourneau wrote:
Goo day,

How do I add a /dev/rrtS? I have 6 physical com port on my machine, but Debian only see 4 of them. I use the command MAKEDEV but they do not appear in the /dev, only in the /dev/.static/dev, I tryed to copy them from /dev.static/dev to the /dev, but still, my setserial keep saying my ttySx do not exist.

Thank you.

Jean

In Etch, /dev is managed by udev which wants to create device nodes on the fly. Entries in /dev are not persistent any more. You could create your own /usr/local/dev to contain your persistent device notes, or you could add the appropriate mknod commands to /etc/init.d/rc.local .

Good luck.