Re: DELL Inspiron 530N

DebianMike wrote:
Greetings:
I have just received a Dell Inspiron 530N pre-installed with Ubuntu. I am now trying to figure out how to install debian on it. When I try to boot my Debian LiveCD (20070716-07:09) I am getting an error message similar to :
*"can't access tty; job control turned off"
*does anyone have a clue what this means?

Any help you can give me I would appreciate.
Thanks
Mike

Lots of hits on googling the error messages... didn't read enough to see any hard-and-fast solutions, though.

Here's one link that has lots of info...
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/
binsh-cant-access-tty-job-control-turned-off-474493/
?s=9c49a645364350a283d4bb17b2135688>

Just out of curiosity, is your boot order "CDROM, Harddisk," or is your LiveCD somehow trying to boot through the Grub that's installed on the harddisk?

Jeff