Re: is there a comprehensive howto on setting up wireless

Chris Lale wrote:

> Its sounds as though you have wireless working without authentication but
> you want to add WPA authentication. I think that you need to install the
> wpasupplicant package. You can then read the details in file
> /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.Debian. Here is the top of the file in
> Etch:

Thanks for the pointer to wpasupplicant package. That was useful.

I have to go around from one file/document/readme/package to another to
figure out the whole thing. The documentation is very haphazard without
providing a clear overview. The whole wireless configuration is a mess to
say the least. I was able to make it work in the end, but I had to spend
one whole day to solve the mystery. Compare that to setting up wireless in
Windows which I managed in less than 10 minutes :-)

Anyway, I have surmised the instructions in
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2008/03/accessing-wpa-wireless-networks.html
Hopefully it helps someone to get wireless up and running in no time.

regards
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi