Re: List of allowed rcpt hosts

The error message back from the server when I use the laptop on a
network to send a message to valid addresses:

  SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<the address>
  host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]:
  553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpt hosts
  (#5.7.1)

The mail sent out in /var/log/exim4/maillog and just prior to the above
error:

  1Jd24Y-0001cl-C0
    <= brownh@hartford-hwp.com
    U=brownh
    P=Local
    S=515
    id=20080322113938.GA6233@hartford-hwp.com

When I check the log on my desktop, which has the same configuration as
the laptop, I get a report from procmail, which is lacking in the above
(procmail is installed).

  1Jd2ME-0001fb-Vv
    <= brownh@hartford-hwp.com
    U=brownh
    P=local
    S=385
  1Jd2ME-0001fb-Vv
    => brownh <brownh@hartford-hwp.com>
    R=procmail
    T=procmail_pipe

> I'd guess that the problem is that you don't have exim setup properly
> for address rewriting.  See /etc/email-addresses.  You want exim to
> rewrite to whatever you've agreed with your ISP.  Looks like this should
> be hartford-hwp.com

In /etc/email-addresses I have:

   user: brownh@hartford-hwp.com

In /etc/mailname I have: