List of allowed rcpt hosts

I'm setting up exim on a system and find that mutt can receive mail, but
not send it.

The new system is sidux on a Thinkpad X61s. The Thinkpad is
connected to a modem router that is used by my desktop machine for
Internet access. I rely on DHCP, and the resolv.conf file on the
working desktop picks up just the address of this router
(192.168.1.1). The laptop also picks up this for its resolv.conf file.

The error message back from the server when I use the laptop to send a
message to addresses I know are quite valid:

  SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<the address>
  host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]:
  553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpt hosts
  (#5.7.1)

I can ping both mymail.myregisteredsite.com and 209.237.134.152 from
the laptop.

Is there anything about the hookup I've described that could account for
the error message? I assume not, and so look at exim configuration.

The exim configuration is the same on my desktop (debian etch having the
address 192.168.1.2) and the sidux laptop (having the address
192.168.1.3) with one exception. That is, on my desktop I now see that I
gave my system mailname as "teufel.hartford-hwp.com", and I should have
provided just the domain, "hartford-hwp.com. This error is probably why
I have to correct my From: address in order to have this message go
out. But otherwise, the exim configuration is identical on both my
functioning system and the laptop I'm setting up.

Is my problem the hookup of the two machines on the router, with the
addresses I've used, or is it an exim configuration issue?

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM