infinite loop inside dpkg

The loop that's causing the package installation problems happening here is one without an exit so far as software performance behavior on this end show. I can leave aptitude or apt-get run with this error condition and they none of them terminate unless and until I hit control-c a couple times to stop the program. If you just hit control-c once dpkg tries to recover and goes back to the original error-producing code; you hit control-c twice though then you get dropped out to the command prompt. I'm going to have to uninstall Debian for the foreseeable future until a new version of dpkg comes out because now this operating system is broken and will remain so until update ability is restored.