Re: difficulties configuring PPPoE

Yu-ning Feng wrote:
Hello,

I am a new Debian user. I used PPPoE during installation process, and it worked well. However, when I was finally in the new system, I could not access the Internet at all.

output of ifconfig was like,
eth0 ... 192.168.1.3 <http://192.168.1.3>
lo ...
ppp0 ... 123.116.xxx.xxx

Please provide the complete output of ifconfig, and 'route -n'
Also check your /etc/resolv.conf file for the nameserver addresses.

It looked like it got an address from my ISP.

I pinged some named address, whick took a long time before any result was given. (Therefore I guess DNS is not working) Then I pinged with an ip address(I used that of Google). I was told "destination net not reachable".

Try pinging an ip address instead of a name. You may try 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2

What was the problem? How to solve it?
Hope someone can help. Thanks.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi