xenblk and xennet kernel modules

So I have a few Debian (4.0) DomUs running;  they work great, except that
I am using a generic (open-source xen generic, that is) kernel rather
than a debian specific kernel.   I see that there are kernel-xen packages,
however, they appear to be aimed at the Dom0 (they have no xennet
or xenblk modules, which are required for an unprivliged domain-  at
least if you want to read disk or use the network.)

I am attempting to get pygrub working with a debian DomU, with a stock
debian-xen kernel.  (I have a similar setup with CentOS DomUs that works
great)   the kernels look ok and boot (but then panic when they can't mount
/ because they don't have the xennet or xenblk modules, which is fine
for the Dom0, but the DomU won't boot unless I compile xenblk into the kernel.

I can compile the xenblk kernel module myself, but that is less convienient
than apt-get upgrade.

should I find and pester the maintainer of the kernel-xen package and ask them
to add  xennet/xenblk modules into the modules packages for the xen kernels?
or is there an easier way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks.