Re: Is it possible to recreate partition table from /var/log/installer data?

 **Fixed** Thankyou _so_ much for the pointers :-)

 1. mke2fs /dev/sda1
 2. mounted /boot
 3. reinstalled kernel
 4. partitioned the drive (used a VM to validate sizes - debian default)
 5. update-grub
 6. grub-install /dev/sda
 7. reboot - success.