Re: compiz on Debian Sid: jerking video replay

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> I would go down the entire chain and check for differences:
>
> - same video (file/disk/whatever)
> - same player and especially check the output options and filters (e.g
>   Xv seems to behave better on intel than GL, at least on my box)
> - I guess you compared xorg.conf, but do the drivers have the same
>   defaults? In Debian the intel driver was recently switched from XAA to
>   EXA acceleration.

[...]

I just tried the latest Knoppix 5.3 and I noticed that compiz works
much better there. I took the xorg.conf produced by Knoppix and
replaced my original one with it. And now, video playback has improved
tremendously.

One of the notable differences is that Knoppix sets "TripleBuffer" and
"EnablePageFlip" to "true".

I have no idea if one of these two makes the difference. However, I'm
happy to see it work and I'm impressed by Knoppix, I have to say.

Thanks,

Johannes

--
http://www.infoe.de/