Re: Install Debian into Fabiatech embedded system

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Mirco Piccin wrote:
> Hi all.
> Does anyone  never install Debian into embedded system like this one?
>
> http://www.fabiatech.com/fabia/products/index.php?main_sn=3&sub_sn=10&p_sn=
>59&title=FB2612
>
> It seems to be standard enought, but any suggests will be appreciated!
> Reagrds

Given that it has a CF slot, and I presume you are doing to install Debian on
the CF, then the easiest way to do this is to build the root partition on
the CF from a PC, and then boot that.  I have done this many times with WRAP
cards.  Depending on the size of the CF you may need to strip some things
out (like /usr/share/doc) before it will fit (I installed onto a disk and
then stripped things out and then copied the contents and ran lilo to build
a boot sector).

If you do not want to attach a CRT/LCD and keyboard, you might also try
setting the boot parameters to use a serial console.

David