Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report

Ivan Glushkov wrote:

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:00:46 +0100
From: Embrik Kaslegard <embrik_leifsson@yahoo.no>
To: Ivan Glushkov <glushkov@mail.desy.de>
<47D90B46.40106@yahoo.co.uk> <47D90F88.7010503@mail.desy.de>

Ivan Glushkov wrote:
Luis Motta Campos wrote:
Thibaut Paumard wrote:
Le 13 mars 08 à 11:31, Luis Motta Campos a écrit :
  I would like to report a big success here. I recently got a HP 6710b
laptop and (as usual) didn't agreed with the Windows License terms and
conditions (so I can send it back and get the license money).
Are you being serious about getting your money back? Are you successful
in it in the UK?
I don't  know about the UK. I sent them back my licenses in the
Netherlands, where I live now. I told them in a very formal letter that
I didn't agreed about the terms and conditions, and, as I never used the
licenses (it was a new computer) I got my money back.
I recommend everybody to at least try. :) It's not possible that the
only way to buy computers is swallowing licenses we will not use.
Hey, that's a good news!

did anybody in Germany succeeded to do that? I am planning to buy a new
laptop, and this information is vital for me..

	Cheers,
	Ivan

Wow. This is pioneering :-) How did you do this? Why don't you just give
us the copy of your letter? I guess you have found a way in using the
complicated lisence ageement in our favour. I will send some letters as
well. I've got 125 lisences which I don't want to use :-)

Br
Embrik
Hemsedal

I guess that was incidentally sent personally to me.

	Cheers,
	Ivan

P.S.: Actually it is not pioneering at all. Google it. I read something
similar in slashdot long time ago, but that was in Australia. That's the
first case I hear about in EU.

While I don't know of anybody personally in the USA who has done this, I do personally know of a Dutch who did it:

http://blog.danieldk.org/

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com