Re: Iceweasel

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 03:45:36PM +0200, Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@smolny.plus.com> was heard to say:
> Tinkering with Scheme and CGI...
>
> Iceweasel _insists_ on asking me what I want to do with 'foo.scm' (save
> it to disk or whatever).
>
> Neither IE6 nor Firefox (in Windoze) ask me this question, they simply
> render the intended output.
>
> Of course, it _could_ be my server; lighttpd, but I doubt it.
>
> Does anyone know if lighttpd behaves differently according to which
> client is making the request?  Surely not, but...

  Are you sending back the right Content-Type?  If you're generating an
HTML document, you need to send back a Content-Type of text/html in the
reply headers.  (I don't recall the exact syntax, but your CGI
programming documentation should mention this somewhere)

  If you don't send a Content-Type yourself, the server and/or Web
browser will guess at how to handle the page, which tends to result in
the symptoms you describe.

  Daniel