Re: Games on a Redmond virtual machine.

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 03:03:36 pm Rich Healey wrote:

I like to use virtualbox for my VM's, but games from within VM's can be
tricky, are the games high spec? something like crossover for linux
might be more suitable.

I'm really surprised people are over-engineering this as much as they have been... you really don't need a full blown VM for 90% of the software out there for Windows. For that 90%, Wine more than handles it. For the other 10%, it's probably too much trouble to be worth maintaining compatability given the dying nature of that legacy platform...

As for myself, I was just answering the question. BTW, the newest game I have "Sins of a Solar Empire" is pretty high spec and works out of the box with wine. I just tested it today. Works with out flaws.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com