Re: Security update of etch did not update my Kernel. Still vulnerable. Why???

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 02:40:57PM -0400, Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> was heard to say:
> On 13:57 Sun 09 Mar     , Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > Do you have the linus-image-2.6 meta-package installed?  If you only
> > have an actual linux-image deb installed, it will never be upgraded.
> > The meta-package will always depend on the most recent version and will
> > be updated at the time that the new version is added to the repository.
>
> > The "standard" way of handling this is to use aptitude to install the
> > linux-image-2.6 meta-package which will bring in everything upon which
> > it depends.  Once you are running the new kernel without errors, you can
> > start to remove older kernels manually from within aptitude.
>
> I use apt not aptitude ( :( ). I am used to it.

  It doesn't matter which one you use for this.  Install
linux-image-2.6-486 and you should get upgraded automatically.

  Daniel