Re: [OT] how to clean grime off old computer MB?

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 12:10:00PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/09/08 10:46, owens@peak.org wrote:
> > Doug
> > The mind boggles imagining a scenario involving covering a mother board
> > with tobacco.  You might also try Acetone (finger polish remover).
> > Larry
>
> He's probably referring to tobacco *smoke* residue.  Maybe I'm
> wrong, but Canada just doesn't seem the rife with dippers or chewers.

It is smoke residue (at least I think it is smoke residue) but the
computers arrived from I think Idaho thanks to Travis Cook who took pity
on my "low-MHz server" thread.  One of them is a Dual P-133 Tyan board,
the other I have yet to identify.  I am very appreciative of the boards
and don't want my desire to clean them to be misconstrued as
ungratefulness.

Doug.