Re: [OT] how to clean grime off old computer MB?

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 04:18:32PM +0000, Jamie White wrote:
> If you can get you hand on a compressor, that does the job damn well!

Actually, I have a compressor that puts out 10-15 psi breathing-quality
air.  I didn't think that stright air would get off tobacco tar.

I did some research on circuit-board cleaner and found that its mostly
isoproanol (rubbing alcohol) but with some added "stuff" and very
expensive.  I'll read the rest of the thread that has come in so far and
likely give it a try this afternoon, at least as a test with a Q-tip on
a flat surface to see if it disolves the right stuff.  If it leaves any
loose residue, I can clean that off with air.

Doug.