display problem with lenny

Hi,

since I have upgraded from etch to lenny the display (Xorg, gtk ...?) seams to have a problem. When I scroll up or down with the web browsers epiphany or iceweasel horizontal lines appear on the web page. It also happens when I move another window across the web browser. The stripes go away when I click on the top window bar.
I did not see this effect using konqueror.
I'm using GNOME. Part of my xorg.conf file looks like this:

Section "Device"
Identifier "ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage II+ 215GTB [Mach64 GTB]"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:0:9:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"