Re: What use is gstreamer?

On 3/7/08, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rhythmbox (based on gstreamer) could not handle wrfg.org/listen.asp
> (told me it could not determine the nature of the stream). The totem

I had just now tried to add it to my stream collection in Amarok -
which incidentally uses
libxine1, although that can be changed - and I get a stream not
recognized error as well. But other stations play fine (kbps in
Portland for instance - which used to be very problematic in the
past).

The link plays just fine in iceweasel - it's a pls which over here
brings up that godawful page with the oversized green playback button
:( but it at least plays fine.

Also running testing here.