Re: Converting from console-tools style keymap to console-setup xkb style keymap

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:15:12AM -0500, Brian McKee wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	The tn5250 package has an add on keymap us5250.map that defines F21
> thru F24, and a few other odds and ends, on the console keyboard.
>
> 	I'm trying to use this keymap on gutsy and etch.   I gather both of
> them have converted to the console-tools package, which somehow uses
> the X keymaps on the console.
> I'm trying to figure out how to add my keymap additions to those
> keymaps and so far I'm lost in a sea of documentation :-)
>
> So, assuming I'm using a standard pc 104 us qwerty keyboard,  how do
> I add these entries to an X style keymap?
>
> And no, the tn5250 project list doesn't know - they've mostly moved
> on from using the console to X....

I don't know tn5250, but at least x3270 does its own keymapping. IIRC
c3270 used the same mappings. So try doing the mapping at the
application level.

I recall that the x3270 man page had a comprehensive and yet difficult
to understand description of that mapping.