Re: lenny help needed

On 3/7/08, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> I took a clean install of etch up to lenny on a debian-speakup disk and
> tried adding the desktop environment using tasksel. Aptitude failed since
> I suspect at least 10 of those packages had errors on the installation

Hi Jude -

Aptitude keeps a log of the session(s) in /var/log/aptitude. It mostly
is a transcript of what
packages were removed, installed, updated, that sort of thing. It may
not contain the stuff you are interested in, however.

/var/log/dpkg contains the most recent transcript of dpkg actions.

I'll bet, however, that in /var/log/apt you will find the transcript
for what you're looking for, in
/var/log/apt/term.log.