lenny help needed

I took a clean install of etch up to lenny on a debian-speakup disk and tried adding the desktop environment using tasksel. Aptitude failed since I suspect at least 10 of those packages had errors on the installation attempt. I heard the errors as those were spoken but didn't copy them down. Might aptitude have saved those somewhere I can find and perhaps send to interested parties? I notice neither gnome-orca nor gnopernicus were included in that installation which is just as well. This is my week for broken systems. If those errors can be located I'll be interested to know if unstable is the way to go and what to do with all the excess packages on this system while getting there. It's possible unchecking desktop environment in tasksel won't necessarily clear everything.