Re: Inspiron b120 wireless

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:01:49 -0500
"jack martin" <imfromleix@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a new Debian user I am having a major problem connecting my dell Inspiron
> b120 wirelessly to the internet, I have spent hours on this but there must
> be a (restricted) driver package I can use to help with this. (something
> similar to that in Ubuntu) or an approved way to do a terminal install of
> that bcm43xx-fwcutter so necessary for us b120 people.
> Best regards

What's the chipset (appropriate excerpt of 'lspci')?  Which Debian
release?  b43 is the new Broadcom driver, included from kernel 2.6.24;
it's far superior to bcm43xx (the strongly held opinion of the
bcm43xx / b43 devs).  In general, you need to provide much more
information on your setup.  What works?  What doesn't?  What errors do
you get?

Celejar