Migrating from Python 2.4 to Python 2.5 in Etch

Hey Everyone,

Some of the libraries I need to use are only available for python 2.5. I installed it in Etch and everything works fine.

I understand that Etch installs python 2.4 by default. Is there any way I can "force" /usr/bin/python to python 2.5? The issues are:

 1. Will changing the symbolic link mess up anything?
 2. I can simply use #!/usr/bin/python2.5 at the beginning of my scripts right and not worry about symlinks and all that?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Amit