Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:38:59AM +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> debian azul <debianisimo@gmail.com>:
> >
> >  I think that debian logo is perfect for debian project. Debian
> >  doesn't need a mascot. I think that is ridiculos
>
> Killjoy.  You're right of course, but the ammonite has its charms.
> It's not like it's a care bear or Tux.
>
> I preferred the Arctic Tern (?) that early distros started with, but
> what do I know?

What about a swine?  No, not Porky Pig, but a cuddlly Boar with the
swirl as the curly tail?  Debian: so stable its Boaring!

Dress the boar up like a guard (I'm thinking like in one of the StarWars
movies), the boar guarding the firewall.

Or, was there a pig in Toy Story?  Does Pixar use Debian on its boxes
and would they lend us non-exclusive rights to use the image?

Doug.