Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 04:38 +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> debian azul <debianisimo@gmail.com>:
> >
> >  I think that debian logo is perfect for debian project. Debian
> >  doesn't need a mascot. I think that is ridiculos
>
> Killjoy.  You're right of course, but the ammonite has its charms.
> It's not like it's a care bear or Tux.

But due to the ammonite be an extincted mascot, I think it reinforces
the general believe out there that debian stable is an "out-of-date"
distribution... in the sense it uses a bit older software...

--
Marcelo Chiapparini
chiappa@oi.com.br