Re: vertical scroll on my touchpad not working

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:42:15PM -0500, Manu Hack wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've installed debian amd64 on a Toshiba laptop A215-S7413.  I failed
> to get the touchpad vertical scrolling to work (basic functions work
> fine).  Here is my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

I just rebuilt my xorg.conf on my old laptop due to a fairly bizarre
problem involving man running away (100% cpu), but only on urxvt terms
with over 36 lines.  There was so much cruft in my xorg.conf that I
decided to start from scratch, which solved my problem. At any rate, I
had to re-install the synaptics driver, and one difference I noticed
with your xorg.conf is you have no ServerLayout stanza at the end.

Here's mine:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier    "Default Layout"
	Screen	      	       "Default Screen"
	InputDevice	       "Generic Keyboard"
	InputDevice	       "Synaptics Touchpad"
 	InputDevice     "USB Mouse"  "CorePointer"
EndSection

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to