Re: vertical scroll on my touchpad not working

Manu Hack wrote:

I've installed debian amd64 on a Toshiba laptop A215-S7413.  I failed
to get the touchpad vertical scrolling to work (basic functions work
fine).  Here is my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Module"
    Load    "synaptics"
EndSection
<snip>

I recently installed a laptop with MEPIS (debian-stable-based) and I had exactly the same problem with the touchpad. I commented-out the synaptics driver and it worked great - all functions including the scroll. Pretty sure I used the IMPS/2 mouse driver - BICBW so you may want to try the ExPS/2 driver as well if this fails.

--
Jamin @ Home @ Chester UK