Re: [OT] Laptop with Linux preinstalled

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I thought it would never happen. Right from NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220246
ASUS Eee PC 4G – Galaxy Black Eee PC Intel processor 7" Wide VGA 512MB 4GB Integrated Graphics - Retail for only $400!
My wife loves hers. But be warned, DON'T spill liquid on the keyboard. My daughter accidentally spilled a glass of water, some of which (I don't know how much) hit the keyboard. After several days of drying out it is mostly back to normal. It no longer thinks that keys are being pressed which have not been touched, but the "2", "~" and "DEL" key are not yet functioning. I hope they will yet work, but I'm not sure.

Other than that, it is a nice little machine if you uses it as intended and don't expect it to replace your desktop, or power laptop. The keyboard is tiny and takes getting used to.

BUT, it only weighs 2 lbs and is about the size of a portable DVD player.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com